Thursday, March 13, 2008

Psalms 73


Hurray-ness. We have completed the first 2 books of Psalms and we're going on to the III book today.

"Whom have i in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever"

I simply love this verse. Partly also when i read it there is a hillsong tune that comes to my mind. I'm sure you know it too. But i think this psalm is a prayer that i want to pray every single day for the rest of my life. That my flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Earth has nothing i desire but you. I pray that God will help me to mean that because we all know that by the things we do and the things we spend our time in, we jolly know that we don't desire GOD!
we probably desire good grades in our studies. the new iphone. a new mac book. a girlfriend la. this and that. there are so many of our desires. not saying that its sin to want those, i'm sure God's desire is to bless us! but the good test is if we don't get what we want, do we get impatient or frustrated?

May we be able to make that our prayer today boys!

No comments: