Monday, February 25, 2008

^ Brokeness

My answer to LUKE WARMNESS is BROKENNESS

My responses to today's sermon:

It is a desperation concerning 3 areas


1. Concerning the Condition of our hearts

Only when we see the emptiness of our hearts can we draw near to the Lord.

Last time, when I sinned, there's always a sense of condemnation in me. Yes, I know God died for me and I am forgiven because of the cross and my confession. I would still feel discouraged that I have committed the sin willfully. Now, after this new understanding, I have come to a realization that it only shows a NEED FOR GOD in my life. I must thirst after Him in this dry and weary land. That's the appropriate response. I will sin NO MORE.

2. For the Cleansing of the Lord

You can love only God so much because you know how much God loves you. Until you see the sinfulness of your heart, you would not see the greatness of God.

I acknowledge what my heart is capable of, thus appreciate who God is.

3. For a New Creation

There's nothing in us that wills to do God's will. If ever there's willingness to pray/ serve, it is a grace of God. Christian life is not about behavior modification, its about heart transformation.

I was touched by the fact that it is only by the Grace of God that we are able to things that pleases the Lord. I never did see that in the total picture that was described by pastor. I always thought that "I" disciplined myself to pray. Never did I see it that It was only by the grace of God that I was even willing to be disciplined and to pray. What a revelation for me. It was never an "I" in it.

No comments: