Monday, September 17, 2007

A Promise

Romans 10:11-13 (New American Standard Bible)11For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED."

I so often have said that I have been disappointed. Disappointed because of people, of how things work out, of other situations I cant control. But this simple scripture points me to WHOM I put my trust in?
Then comes the next part, WILL NOT BE. Easy to understand. In other words, will never be disappointed. Wow! Its an absolute statement that applies to whoever.

1. In Him - Promiser
2. Will not be - Promise

In the Amplified version it says, 11 The Scripture says, No man who believes in Him [who adheres to, relies on, and trusts in Him] will [ever] be put to shame or be disappointed.

Why do I feel disappointed? Another way to ask the question is: Whom did I put my trust in? Is it on myself or people or what???!

I want to believe and live this out in my life.

No comments: