Sunday, May 27, 2007

All Out of Love

Want to learn a particular lesson? Fasten your seat belt, sit tight and get ready for the experience that God is about to bring you through. Every time we set our minds to want to let God mould our character, or to learn certain truths about him, he holds you to your word and brings you through a journey to learn that about him or about yourself. I thank God for an interesting journey that he had brought me through the past 2 days.

I was asking myself this question, ‘Can I really say that I can serve God to the ends of the earth without excuses, and when something is upon his heart, I’ll go without questions asked when he calls.’

I had the opportunity to serve as a mentor at a Service Learning course at Telok Kurau Secondary school the past 2 days. That being the last week of school, I did not expect any schools to be calling me up for relief teaching. Somehow, God arranged teachers to be ‘Chao-kenging’ or falling sick on those 2 days and ONLY for those 2 days while I was serving as a mentor did schools call me up. That was truly a test! And a very painful one! That means a goodbye to $65 x 2 = $130!!! Which I needed quite badly!

After I reluctantly rejected the school, I told God, ‘Boss you best, it hurts. But I put that $130 on the altar, may this attitude of mine be worship unto you.’ Ouch! It does hurt. But the joy of serving God by responding to his call further compensates for that $130. It brings me joy by being a blessing to his people, even though some of these students can’t wait for the end of the day to come.

My friends, It doesn’t matter whether your fruits of labor are tangible or your rates of return exceed rates of investment. God is looking for someone who will answer his call when he calls, serving him whole-heartedly. Not caring about results, but only focused on the father’s heart.

‘For the eyes of the father range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
2Chronicles 16:9

Don’t be a half-committed Christian, give it all, because he has given you all.

No comments: