Thursday, May 17, 2007

THE GIFT OF MEMORIES OR THE CURSE OF IT

theSEVENTEENTHofmaytwoohohseven

" Do your best to come to me quickly, for Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia. " - 2 Timothy 4:9-10

following Jesus and loving the world do not mix.
one cannot love Jesus and the world at the same time.

here we see Paul had his fair share of deserters.
but he went on undeterred.
because he was focused on the Lord's work, not his own.
he was relying on the Lord, not on himself.

" The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom.. "


MY APPLICATION: to trust in the Lord for my disciples. not by my might but by the Spirit of God. may they arise to be called men of God. i shall commit them in prayer today.

No comments: