Monday, May 7, 2007

OUTSIDE THE WINDOW LIFE TICKS ON LIKE CLOCKWORK

theFIFTHofmaytwoohohseven

" To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not seperate from her husband. " - 1 Corinthians 7:10

the Lord has commanded that wives never seperate from their husbands.
WHAT does this tell me about the Lord?

it shows how he intended marriages to be like - important. revered. sacred.
a contrast to how marriages are treated as today.

huh, i'm not even married.
God WHAT are you trying to tell me?

the Bible often describes the relationship between God and the Church as bride coming for his groom.
and the wife (the Church) must not seperate from her husband (God). we are to be inseperable.
=> do not have second wives, or mistresses.
God is a jealous God.

DO we have mistresses in our lives?
ARE we seeking God or chasing other things?
DO we treat God with reverance?


MY APPLICATION: to be a God-chaser. worldy things will not be a mistress in my spiritual life. lust will not be a vice. a wife wakes up with her husband by her side. i want to wake up with God - i shall pray in the Spirit and worship God every morning when i open my eyes.

No comments: