Friday, May 11, 2007

Show me your way

I had high hopes today. it was great weather. a good timing. the easiest test route. The tester came, i greeted him, walked into the car. Drove off confidently. Completed my circuit with 0 points. it was perfect.

Just outside the gate. all it took was a inconsiderate motorcyclist that came too close. followed by a van that overshot the waiting box while turning right. both of which i was faulted for going too close to them although i was like going at snail speed. after that, a car stopped 30m in front of me so i kept to the right BUT i was given 6points for road hogging. so i filtered left to wait behind the car. the tester told me to overtake. i waited, got a chance to move out while a van was turning right therefore blocking the right lane behind me... BUT he pulled my handbrake and conveniently ticked the nice little circle on the test sheet. the best part is after he pulled my handbrake the road continued to be clear of any traffic because they were held up by that van.


its just not the time to pass. period. but i just wanted to air my grievances. enough of that uneasy feeling. that sickening feeling was felt at various points in my life. the last i recall was during my bmt posting.


ive been going thru a time of disappointments. in myself. in some others. i guess God wants me to know what is truly important in my life. i take unique paths as far as i realised.

as i move into a time of solitude. i pray that indeed God will show me the way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God does not purposely put us in disappointing situations so that he can enjoy seeing us feel lousy about ourselves. No. Not at all. However, being the myopic pple that we are, we often get disappointed over the wrong things.

I guess it can be frustrating to be denied something esp when you have done everything possibly right towards getting it. The first reaction might be, God must be teaching me about patience, I have to try wait for Him to be in a good mood to bless me. Ok, so those might not be the actual words that go through your head, however, our heart could unknowingly feel that way! Nope. Our od is a God who desires to bless and more than abundantly.

So how come fail? Well, there could be many reasons. some of it as trivial as, the tester just thought you looked too young and wanted to give you a hard time. The biblical lesson? Learn to see God for who He is and not let our emotions decide for us who God is.

Cheer up son, it's not the end of the world. You don't have to be perfect. we are not to begin with. So what if you fail the next 3 times? Well, when you pass, you will know that it was by His grace that you did. Everything is.

You are doing fine, son. Walk on.:)