Thursday, May 10, 2007

Of Frets and Worries

Psalm 37:8-9
Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.
For evil men will be cut off,
but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.




I am good at imagining things. But this strong sense and ability gave me a problem: it made me think too much, and worrying too much. For those who know me well enough should be aware of this. It can get out of hand sometimes.

Why am I worrying so much? Doing so will only makes me more anxious, makes me unstable.

Instead of focusing on my worries, I should focus on God, his goodness, and his mighty control over all things great and small. That would give me peace in times of troubles and uncertainty.

God is in control. He has been, and always in control.

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


Application: Focus on God when worries and paranoia kicks in. God is in control.

No comments: