Sunday, May 13, 2007

Its about HIM



Here is a summary of my series of message… hahah, posts I mean.

1. My Body is about him (He owns the body, not I. Since he is the owner, we had
better use it in such a way that makes him happy!)
2. My struggles are about him (Your struggles and obstacles serve as tests,
assignments and exercises that make you stronger, tougher and more mature. Don’t
question and grumble! How can you reflect him in the midst of the struggles?)
3. My Success is about him (Remember the source of the success rather than the
success itself! Your success is meant for you to glorify his name, not meant for
you to put as a trophy to ‘Hao Lian’ at home!)

I ran into an event that led me to apply what I had posted. On Thursday night, something happened that made me feel very frustrated, sad, angsty and it further led me to feel useless, lousy, not good enough. It came to a point I told God, ‘God I just feel like giving up the dreams that you had for me.’ He replied ‘Remember what you posted about your body is about me?’ Yes, my body is about him, even if I feel discouraged, defeated, God if your dream for me is this, tough as it may be, I’ll use my body to walk on in this direction that you want me to. My struggles on my emotions are about him too. How can I grow out of it to become stronger and more mature? I reflected upon the whole issue back at home and this was the conclusion:

‘God, I’m imperfect, and in many ways, I feel small, not as good as others, but Lord what I can give you, is a willing heart, ready to be used by you. Will you change me (something normal), into something beautiful.’
I was reminded of a song by jars of clay that goes like this

‘Close my eyes and hold my heart
Cover me and make me something
Change this something normal
Into something beautiful


And I'm still fighting for the word to break these chains
And I still pray when I look in your eyes
You'd stare right back down
Into something beautiful’

Enjoy the song!

1 comment:

Livingsword said...

Thank you for this gift.