Thursday, April 5, 2007

back to where we lasted

2 sam 20-22

david had good, strong men
men of god
to help him and support him
in kingship
and in righteousness


thank you Jesus for giving me a good strong circle of friends to do likewise.

its also a reminder that for our leaders to stay upright and kingly
they need good strong men (like us haha) to support them.

but i love david's song in chapter 22
he said:
the Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom i take refuge,
my shield and the forn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my saviour--from violent men you save me.
i call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and i am saved from my enemies.
the waves of death swirled about me;
the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
the cordds of the grave coiled around me;
the snares of death confronted me.
in my distress i called out to the Lord;
i called out to my God.
from his temple he heard my voice; my cry came to his ears.

i'm not going to type out the rest of it.
haha
its too long.
but its beautiful.
it tells of such a deep relationship with God.
of trust, hope, faith, dependence
on the one true source of light, strength, and life itself.

i hope one day the song can be mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, that day it could TODAY. as you set your heart and ming unto it... Be that mighty man for God.