Saturday, April 21, 2007

WHERE DO CIRCLES BEGIN?

FIFTEENTHapriltwoohohseven

oops, it's time to get back to posting my entries.

on this day i had asked God for a word for my mentees,
and here's what He gave me,
" Therefore I urge you to imitate me. " - 1 Corinthians 4:16

i felt it was apt indeed.
this is what the core essence of discipling should be - imitate me as i imitate Christ.
but first we imitate Christ.

i was convicted.
could i safely tell them to imitate me?
is some ways, yes, but..
was i confident that everything about me was Christ-like enough for imitation?

honestly, i couldn't say i was ready.

there were still areas of my life that needed cleaning up, dusting away, tidying up.
it is an on-going process, and even as i type this i felt reminded of what someone told me, "aiya, where got everyone can be leader.. i this type how can be leader.."
well, if everyone thought like this no one would be fit to be a leader.

i felt that all of us are in the process of imitating Christ, we can never be like Christ but can only hope to imitate him as best as we can,
and we urge our mentees to imitate Christ as well, through us being an example.

yes, we aren't PERFECT, but would u join me in imitating Christ?

APPLICATION: share this with the mentees on our next meeting.

No comments: