Sunday, April 22, 2007

POSSIBLY MAYBE

TWENTIETHapriltwoohohseven

" Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. " - Ephesians 5:17

2 days ago i failed my driving test.
and i felt the above was God's message for me.
he wanted me to learn something through the experience.
something along the lines of humility and total submission, as discussed in my previous post.

God wasn't interested in my doing, he was interested in my being.
God wasn't as interested in my passing the test as he was interested in me being more Christ-like.
he wanted me to grow. learn. develop. mature.
and sometimes it hurts a little.

am i falling in love too much with his blessings?
to the point i am expecting it, no, even demanding it?
to the point that i think i deserve to have it by my own might?
" Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. "

a point to note is that if we do not understand the Lord's will, we are being foolish.

so WHAT is the Lord's will?
it is for us to be more Christ-like.

APPLICATION: i will be humble and request that everyone pray for God's empowerment for me to pass my next driving test. because i cannot do it without him.

No comments: