Sunday, April 22, 2007

Where is my flame?


Oh where is the flame? i look for it all over my heart. is it dieded? is it hidden in a corner? i touch my heart. i aint no feel no flame. oh yar there it is. that little pathetic matchstick flame.
i humbly confess that the fire and passion that i once had has been diminished. and that is sad. I started out this year already predicting this would happen. i knew that once the hype and buzz of being on a stay-out vocation, packed with events after events that i so gladly embrace dies down. i would finally face the trials and the burnout process. when i go back to my normal pace of life would i have the determination and the tenacity to read the word, pray, seek God, cry for our people who love the world more than GOd?
I used to be siao on to blog. why? because it is an outlet of which God speaks THRU me. therefore i was also the one who wanted to set up this blog!
However, i see not much life in the blog. and honestly i dun have that zeal i use to.

In the light of the aforementioned and of the deep conviction that i have. the only way to counter such matchstick-like flames is to add fuel to the fire. and thats what im going to do! i wont let SA Tan dictate my spiritual ups and downs.

Maybe some of us today feel that same way. we try out this blogging thing and somehow after awhile we just lose it. My appeal is this: Joshua has given the "order" to participate in this journey together to grow in the word and until the day he says "okie close shop" i think we are all accountable for it. I do know that discrepancies happens and if its really extremely super uber inconvenient then we should sound off. Truly it goes deeper than the surface, taking the lift to the heart. However i tend to think that priority plays its part rather significantly here.

I am deeply motivated by daniel who never fails to submit his entries and i know for sure that he has been blessed. for a fact that he has taken orders seriously.

May the Lord lead us to do what He want us to. Love you all deeply guys! Don't be deceived by the things/thing that so easily entangles us.

2 comments:

dannytheboy said...

yes, indeed i have been blessed.

can i encourage everyone else to try ur best to blog ur devotions? cuz it really is beneficial to us.

devotions alone are not good enough - whenever we read God's word, sometimes a rhema word strikes us and we try to apply it to our lives, but most of the time it isn't clear or we simply forget it through the day.

only when we take some time to blog down our devotions do we clearly realise what exactly God wants to do in our lives. many a times God has spoken to me just as i am in the process of typing ouy my devotion. and that helps me to record down all that God is speaking to me. it helps me to visualise my applications and the will of God for my life.

so, brothers, do not perceive this as a chore but as a tool to help ourselves in our walk with God. may we press on together to fight to win!

Unknown said...

Brother, I'll pray for you..
Lets fight together...