Tuesday, April 3, 2007

How Great Is You Love

hi brothers,

I'm back.. sorry i haven't been blogging for a couple of weeks... i let my busyness catch up with me and God is dealing with me... anyway, i will make a concerted effort to return to posting daily my time with God ok? Please pray for me, that i will make this into a habit, and then into a lifestyle..

This morning God brought me back to read the word of God that described the time before Jesus was arrested by the Roman soldiers to be trialled. I was particularly drawn to chapter 13, where Jesus washed the feet of His disciples.

Straight away in verse one, the Bible says:
John 13:1
It was just before the Passover Feast. Jesus knew that the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he now showed them the full extent of his love.


Jesus then proceeded to wash the feet of His disciples, cleansing them with this instruction.

John 13:14-15
Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.

Let us be moved by the acts of our Lord Jesus not just in the passion week leading up to Good Friday and Easter.. but to grasp this teaching for ourselves, that we will learn how to serve one another in love.

Application: I will serve the people I have been praying for 3 times a week to show them that I love them and want to bless them!


No comments: