Monday, April 30, 2007

Love Thy Bible. The fence hurts

Indeed today's message really drove home. A message that is close to my heart. a message that i would want to bind in my heart.

That the word of God is God.

As i ponder upon today's message. I really felt that the youth Christians of today do not treat and regard the bible in that utmost importance and reverence that we should be. why?
Because it is directly contrary to what this world offers. the lust of the flesh, the deception of worldly ideology and philosophy.
I think we really need to rise up and pray that God will look down at our tribe and be pleased.
Pleased to see that charlie bird bird is reading the word every morning even though life may be unkind, pleased to see keng san... ivan... angus... jon... ty... LUKE... daniel... narash and of course our Joshua Teo faithfully trying to surrender to the word of God.

Lets pray that our tribe will be found faithful with the word. and it starts from us.

Every morning when i wake up. One of the first thing i do is to recite the 66 books of the bible.

Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy
Joshua
Judges
Ruth
1/2 Sam
1/2 Kings
1/2 Chronicles...

and the remaining books of poetry, the major prophets, the minors, the epistles, gospels, the rest.

I felt so disappointed that i forgotten during the bible study and im going to be very prepared the next. its not just to feel good. for show. for fun. for shiok.

Its to prove that I WANT TO BE DIFFERENT. i want that love for the word of God.
May God forgive me the times i chuck it in a corner of the room and my mind.
May we find that link between these divine ancient texts and our application in our lives to day and not think of it as a passe literature that is just excessively printed.

I think i've been sitting on the fence my brothers. it hurts. it really does. choose. the word of the world. you cant take both. decide today.

No joke.

No comments: